Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling around door frame in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
hi everyone..

So doing this wetroom.. have boarded the walls with 6mm jackoboard. Have boarded around the door frame and left the timber frame exposed.

E3677C49-39D8-499E-BE53-8D5DD1F86B8B.jpeg

So the board sits proud of the frame, as will the tiles.

BDC1E5ED-0836-47CC-BCFD-FD172E266749.jpeg

Is it best to tile to the far edge of the door frame or up to where the frame begins?

Also, are there edge trims that will hide both the edge of the tile and the cement board?

Cheers in advance
Jay

W

WetSaw

Is there not architrave going on? If so just add the correct thickness of wood to the frame before fitting the architrave.

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Is there not architrave going on? If so just add the correct thickness of wood to the frame before fitting the architrave.
I’ve no idea to be honest. So should I tile up to where the frame begins then so the chippie can finish off? (Assuming he’s fitting architrave)

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I would find out both. The more information the better so you can get your bit right from the start :grinning: it's those finishing bits around doors etc that make or break the finish of a job

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Find out your architrave width and add 5mm.

T

Time's Ran Out

6mm backer boards are a bit thin! Did you stick it and mechanical fixing and what was the background - studs or plasterboard?

Reply to Tiling around door frame in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen