Search the forum,

Discuss tiling a hearth in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grahamster

hi all

Got a phone call tonight about tiling a hearth of a coal fire,got out of her that it might be ceramic/porcelain tiles on top of a concrete base,jst looking for a bit of advice on best adhesive/grout to use?Anything special for the heat of fire is what im getting at.

G

GazTech

hi all

Got a phone call tonight about tiling a hearth of a coal fire,got out of her that it might be ceramic/porcelain tiles on top of a concrete base,jst looking for a bit of advice on best adhesive/grout to use?Anything special for the heat of fire is what im getting at.
Use flexible adhesives and grouts..put a grout protector on to stop stains....Gaz

FILA GROUT PROTECTOR
Total protection for all grouts.

BAL Rapidset Flexible
rapidset_flexible.jpg
A flexible, rapid-setting, non-slip, water-resistant and frost-resistant wall and floor tile adhesive especially suitable for fixing tiles, including fully vitrified and porcelain tiles to low porosity backgrounds and bases. Suitable for use on concrete/brick/block walling, cement:sand rendering, plaster, plasterboard, cement sheets, tile backer boards, concrete bases, cement:sand screeds, plywood overlay, ceramic/quarry tile/terrazzo/hard natural stone, vinyl tiles/sheet, mastic asphalt. BAL Rapidset Flexible white is especially ideal for fixing natural stone, slate, marble (including translucent marble) and travertine. Conforms to BS EN 12004, Type C, Class 2FT.

BAL Superflex Wide Joint Grout
superflex_wide.jpg
A highly flexible, water and frost-resistant cement-based powder grout with built-in admixture specially designed for use in areas where increased flexibility and enhanced durability are required. Suitable for grouting tiles with joint widths up to 20mm. Suitable for interior and exterior locations on both wall and floor tiling. Ideal for grouting limited movement areas such as timber floors or heated screeds. Suitable for grouting in swimming pools. Conforms to BS EN 13888, Type C, Class G2.

All available at topps...Gaz

G

grahamster

Ok thanks gaz,great advice.It will all roll off my tongue now when i go and see her.
Cheers

G

guy1976

i have done a couple before and when i phoned bal they said standard rapid withstood greater heat than spf

G

GazTech

i have done a couple before and when i phoned bal they said standard rapid withstood greater heat than spf
wow...never knew that cheers Guy...in which case
BAL Rapidset
rapidset.jpg
A cement-based, polymer modified, non-slip, rapid setting, water-resistant and frost-resistant adhesive suitable for fixing ceramic wall and floor tiles including fully vitrified and porcelain, ceramic mosaics, quarry tiles, dark natural stone, terrazzo and brick slips. Suitable for a variety of backgrounds/bases including concrete/brick/block walling, cement:sand rendering, gypsum plaster, plasterboard, fibre cement sheets, cement:sand screeds, ceramic/quarry tile/terrazzo/hard natural stone, vinyl tiles/sheet, mastic asphalt. BS EN 12004 C2FT Adhesive.

NOTE: The physical properties of BAL RAPIDSET with Porcel Bond Plus can be enhanced by the addition of BAL ADMIX AD1.

Reply to tiling a hearth in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen