Search the forum,

Discuss Tile weight advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieraven

Afternoon all,

Got some 600x300 Basaltina Black Porcelain going up to the ceiling in an entire ensuite, Tile Giants guys reckon tiles weigh in at about 22kg/m2. Walls all plasterboard and would think have been skimmed. Started ringing a few bells for me, but from what I've established it's very close to being ok, what's every bodies thoughts. I could quote to 12mm Hardie the whole room but don't want to give them this expense if they don't need it.

Cheers RR

R

robbieraven

Hummmmm on further reading 20kg/m2 on skimmed plasterboard so I reckon I need to re-board this or chose lighter tiles. Turns out the tiles are closer to 24kg/m2 too!

Reply to Tile weight advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen