Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Trim vs. Bullnose in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rob

Hi,

I have been trying to find out what they use in the US for cuttingTile trim (either PVC or Metal). And have found that they don't even use trim over there! In NZ this is all we use now, what is the case in the UK?

Rob

D

DHTiling

Hi rob...

There tends to be a lot of trim used over here as well.......not usually with stone tiles but with ceramic ..Yes!..... either metal or plastic trims........

P

pjtiler

tile trim looks bloody awfull give me round edge tiles every time
i hate to use it but what else can you do but mitre

S

sWe

Bull nosing stone tiles is all good, but ceramics? Either glazed edge overlap, mitering, or trim. Most ceramic materials would look crap if you bull nosed them, unless it's factory made and with the same surface finish as the rest of the tile.

Aren't stone tiles quite common in the US compared to Europe?

R

rob

I think they do use a lot of stone in the US. In NZ it is trim all the way now and mainly metal. PVC trim is terrible and used very little now.
What is the case for the rest of Europe, is metal trim becoming more popular?

S

sWe

Depends on the price level over here. Standard/basic domestic and commercial jobs are normally done with plastic trim, but metal trim is becoming more and more common for anything other than basic tiling jobs.

R

rob

I did visit the UK a year ago and saw a number of tile jobs where they had not used any trim or bullnose - all they did was grout over the exposed edge of the tile (is that common).

W

White Room

Trouble is most tiles don't have a finished edge and you would see the biscuit edge of ceramic so trim is used, Natural stone is a different issue.

Reply to Tile Trim vs. Bullnose in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen