Discuss Tile Spacers, leave them in, or take them out, What say you!!! in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have labourer , to do that ...

We do right now 1000 apartments,metro tiles bathrooms and kitchen. 44 spaces at sqm.Price at sqm,site work.If we need take out the spaces,better clean the tools and leave the site tomorrow morrning.We work in site for 28 years,never see someone to take out the spaces.This is for domestic work,10 sqm in 1 week.

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm sorry Simon.... it's first year I work as a tiler . I am also slow.... usually do 5 sq,m per week.

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm sorry Simon.... it's first year I work as a tiler . I am also slow.... usually do 5 sq,m per week.

Sorry,I don't want offend no one Tony,I just try to write my experience.I'm sure your labourer not take out all spaces,or damage more tiles if try to take out some spaces with adhesive around.This is what I learn at my cost.If is not british standard,just use string,realy easy and clean.About 10 sqm at week,I see myself tilers who do 1 bathroom in 6 days,so again,I not want offend no one,is just my opinion.

D

Dougs Third Go

always take them out, been using 1000 x 1000 lately....I only manage 1m2 a week:lol:

C

charlie1

I only use spacers as pegs so they must be removed, on floors I leave them in though as I'm using the whole spacer bellow the depth of the tile, trying to remove spacers fully inserted would be very time consuming and simply unnecessary IMO.

Reply to Tile Spacers, leave them in, or take them out, What say you!!! in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks