Discuss What size spacers? Which Mapei supplier? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

anit999

I am tiling the following floors in my house renovation and was wondering what the views are on whether I should use Mapei Latex Plus:

• 900x900 slate tiles on concrete floor
For this floor Mapei have recommended; Prime the surface of the heating cables & the boards with Mapei Eco prim grip. Cover the heating cables with a minimum of 5mm of Mapei Ultraplan Renovation Screed. Then bond the tiles with Mapei Keraquick incorporating the Latex Plus additive.

• 600x600 Porcelain tiles on electric underfloor heating on top of underfloor heating insulation boards
For this floor Mapei have recommended Mapei Keraquick with Latex Plus additive.

• Glass mosaic tiles on Mapei tanked shower wall
For this floor Mapei have recommended Mapei Adesilex P10 incorporating 50% Mapei Isolastic additive & 50% clean water.

The other adhesive suppliers I've spoken to have said that I don't need need Latex Plus and it's only needed if tiling on to difficult substrates or overly flexible surfaces. Do you think that I will need Latex Plus?

Also the underfloor heating instructions says that I can tile straight over the heating cables/insulation boards without priming. My plan was to use 5mm Mapei Ultraplan Renovation Screed as a self-levelling compound as recommended anyway. But, do you think the heating cables/insulation boards will be to be primed or has it just been recommend for the sake of it?

The other adhesive suppliers I've spoken to said that I can use Mapei Keraquick with the glass mosaic tiles on the tanked shower wall. Again, I don't know if Adexilex P10 and Isolastic have been recommend for the sake of it or whether it is actually required. What do you think? Will Keraquick be suitable?

Any opinions or recommendations will be helpful. Thanks!

What size spacers or size range of spacers would you recommend for the above tiles/surfaces with the recommended products?

Also, from what I've found, pureadhesion.co.uk and tilegiant.co.uk seem to be the most competitively priced for Mapei products but are there any other recommended suppliers online or in-store? For the project I estimate the spend on the Mapei products will be £500+.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spud

Re: Would you recommend Mapei Latex Plus with my floors?

Mapei technical are experts with their products the guy in the shop won't have their knowledge so if they have told you to use the latex plus use it ,it's their top spec so you won't have any problems with it ,adsilex p10 isn't polymer modified so they recommend the additive for certain jobs ,why don't you trust their advice?

Q

Qwerty

Agreed. I used P10 on a top glass wet room a few years ago, again spec'd by Mapei tech. Follow their advice and you won't go wrong :thumbsup:

A

anit999

Cheers guys.

What size spacers or size range of spacers would you recommend for the above tiles/surfaces with the recommended products?

Also, from what I've found, pureadhesion.co.uk and tilegiant.co.uk seem to be the most competitively priced for Mapei products but are there any other recommended suppliers online or in-store? For the project I estimate the spend on the Mapei products will be £500+.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

Cheers guys.

British Standards state 3mm minimum for floors with ufh.....

Reply to What size spacers? Which Mapei supplier? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks