Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tile levelling systems joints opening up! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dill69

-
Reaction score
Does anybody else have the issue of joints being opened up when using a tile levelling system (wedge & clip). I’m laying floors with 600x600 tiles and thought I would try a Levelling system just to see how good they were and if it could speed things up (I don’t normally use them).
As I tighten the wedge with the pliers the joint opens up and it’s costing me more time trying to get the correct joint back.
Any feedback would be good.
thanks all

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Does anybody else have the issue of joints being opened up when using a tile levelling system (wedge & clip). I’m laying floors with 600x600 tiles and thought I would try a Levelling system just to see how good they were and if it could speed things up (I don’t normally use them).
As I tighten the wedge with the pliers the joint opens up and it’s costing me more time trying to get the correct joint back.
thanks all
Bin them 😁

Reaction score
thanks all
Clip systems are used by people who can't tile.
(Waiting for the backlash...)

Reaction score
💯% agree 😂
The clip-system crew are just lazy. I level a floor properly in the first place if required, then tile it.
I use a little bit more adhesive where necessary, and use a solid bed thick bed always. I don't allow voids that are prone to breaking which clip systems create. You sound like a man who does a proper job. Good to hear my friend. We will clean up after all the failed jobs.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
The clip-system crew are just lazy. I level a floor properly in the first place if required, then tile it.
I use a little bit more adhesive where necessary, and use a solid bed thick bed always. I don't allow voids that are prone to breaking which clip systems create. You sound like a man who does a proper job. Good to hear my friend. We will clean up after all the failed jobs.
I’ve always been anti clip. Been on the forum since 2007 and seen the gimmicks come and go.
I’ve even seen some use clips on metro’s 😂😂.
30 yrs tiling and can’t beat the hand skills taught.
Keep up the good advice mate. 👍

Reaction score
I’ve always been anti clip. Been on the forum since 2007 and seen the gimmicks come and go.
I’ve even seen some use clips on metro’s 😂😂.
30 yrs tiling and can’t beat the hand skills taught.
Keep up the good advice mate. 👍
Clips on metros! No way!? That's just INSANE. You are pulling my leg?

I can only try to give some decent advice due to this pandemic of DIY'ers.😂
I don't finish off other people's work like any other tiler, so I thought I'd take to this site to try and help the DIY'ers get on the right track from the start and complete it without leaks. I'm getting too many calls asking to finish off a window wall or a tray right now.
Not a chance in hell, but maybe I can help them start out and finish if they want to have a go and finish. No problem with people having a go at all.

Thanks Dave

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Clips on metros! No way!? That's just INSANE. You are pulling my leg?

I can only try to give some decent advice due to this pandemic of DIY'ers.😂
I don't finish off other people's work like any other tiler, so I thought I'd take to this site to try and help the DIY'ers get on the right track from the start and complete it without leaks. I'm getting too many calls asking to finish off a window wall or a tray right now.
Not a chance in hell, but maybe I can help them start out and finish if they want to have a go and finish. No problem with people having a go at all.

Thanks Dave
No probs, enjoy the forum and look forward to your input. 👍

Dill69

-
Reaction score
🙄🙄 I only tried them once just to see what they were like! But I agree, you can’t beat what you can do with your hands

Reaction score
I refused clips for years then a builder insisted I use them. If used properly with enough adhesive and no spot fixing then the wedges knocked out correctly, they do work. They even help with the warped plank tiles with lipping. I havent had a failure yet
Using on small tiles is definitely insane though

Attachments

• 20210930_140017.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210930_140017.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 14

Reply to Tile levelling systems joints opening up! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks