Discuss Tile edging trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

alan42

Hi

Does anyone know of an edging trim to cover the gap where floor tiles meet a wooden threshold bar between a living and dining room. The threshold is approx 2 metres long and at about the same height as the tiles. Unfortunately it has a curved edge so even if I butt the tiles up close there is still a wide gap between the top edge and the threshold. The trim also needs to be either stainless steel or polished aluminium. I have previously fitted floor trims where there is a plastic U profile strip into which a T profile slots in and the top covers where tiles would meet, but Ive only seen these in door widths and they're normally a wood effect finish.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
joint cover transition 2.5 m length, it a t shaped bridge profile.
most good tile stockists should do them
soory abour poor pic,

Attachments

• t bar.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 49
D

Deleted member 9966

Hi Alan

I seem to recall that Schluter Systems do a flexible trim, not sure if it was for floor thresholds though. Might be worth a look at their website just in case www.schluter.co.uk

:thumbsup:

D

david campbell

i recently had to use a curvrd edge one from b&q when doing my own kitchen floor(due to the heights because i had to level the tiling and the floor sloped on the hardwood in the hallway),they basically sit over the 2 floors as long as there is a small gap for the screws:thumbsup:
you can get them in 2.4m lengths

A

alan42

Thanks for your responses. I will try the schluter trims as they seem to have one that has the right finish

Reply to Tile edging trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay