Discuss Tile Adhesives in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

leslie

Hi
I am happy to say that I am now a member of the TilersForums Arms.Thank you for that. I have a few Tiling jobs starting soon,
Can anybody point me in the right direction for Tile wall and floor adhesives at trade prices. At the moment i have been getting it at BQ trade desk.
Regards
Les

M

Mike

you could try topps if you have one near you. a lot of people on here don't like topps but worth a look if you get the trade discount

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
topps.........:lol::lol:.........trades prices lol-045.gif

Reaction score
we only have 2 shops here topps where trade cement addy is around £8 a bag or a local independant shop where cheapest granfix bag is £15. we have a homebase here but i don't go near there, no ctd or tile giant for about 90 miles :mad2:

You are extremely lucky to have such a good manager at your local Topps, Mike. Make no mistake, Topps trade prices are at the managers discretion - I have a Topps Trade account, and 2 Topps Tiles shops within 10 miles of me- the price difference between them is frankly astonishing - try £38 trade price for a bag of BAL CTF3 compared with £17 at another branch. Or £8 for a 2.4m length of black plastic trim (£1.10 at Tileflair). I also have a Tile Giant next door to one of the Topps branches - wonder if that makes a difference?

I also accept that I am very lucky to have some very good trade shops all relatively close to me. Oh, and theres severalB and Q's too (dont you just love their new trade counter?)

B

boldydave

hello leslie.i opened my trade account at tile giant a month ago.it was quick and easy to apply and the savings are great.good luck

L

leslie

Thank you for all your comments ,I am also very lucky that I have Tops Tiles and Tile Giant very close to me,so I can check them out.
Regards
Leslie

M

Mike

You are extremely lucky to have such a good manager at your local Topps, Mike. Make no mistake, Topps trade prices are at the managers discretion - I have a Topps Trade account, and 2 Topps Tiles shops within 10 miles of me- the price difference between them is frankly astonishing - try £38 trade price for a bag of BAL CTF3 compared with £17 at another branch. Or £8 for a 2.4m length of black plastic trim (£1.10 at Tileflair). I also have a Tile Giant next door to one of the Topps branches - wonder if that makes a difference?
I also accept that I am very lucky to have some very good trade shops all relatively close to me. Oh, and theres severalB and Q's too (dont you just love their new trade counter?)
cheers andy, my trade discount at topps goes down automatically if i don't use it much but the guys there just put it back again next time, as for b & q we have one 20 miles away, i gave my mate my tradepoint card yesterday to buy a makita drill and he got it 20 quid cheaper than i paid in screwfix:mad2:

A

aph257

Welcome to the Arms, I've been away for a few days so i obviusly missed your round of drinks. as regard to trade prices, my first choice would be Tile Giant, but check out your local independant shops. I personnally wouldn't touch Topps with a bargepole.

P

Perry

Les it will depend a lot on how much you use i never sell under a pallet but not many guys can use that sort of quantity in a short time as it doesn't keep forever it may worth your while speaking to your local independent tile shop or as the lads say tile giant speak to the manager and tell him what you will be likely to use he may do you a deal worth a try good luck :pete

Reply to Tile Adhesives in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay