Discuss Thin Porcelain (attention Is Dangerous Use Google Translate) in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spud

all the tp I do is 4.8mm and 5.5 mm the mapei ultralite s2 here in the uk is £40/£49 per bag 60-70 euro

S

Spud

its not the the thickness Antonio, kerlite ,laminan, coverlam etc all resin backed under 6mm , resin backed products need extra additive so the adhesive sticks to the resin back , the thin porcelain we use is porcelain ,no resin backing so s2 not usually needed

J

J Sid

Gary, the TP with the resin backed, has this been well tested with regards to adhesive adhesion to the resin? Or is it disaster waiting to happen?

I

Italy

its not the the thickness Antonio, kerlite ,laminan, coverlam etc all its not the the thickness Antonio, kerlite ,laminan, coverlam etc all resin backed under 6mm , resin backed products need extra additive so the adhesive sticks to the resin back , the thin porcelain we use is porcelain ,no resin backing so s2 not usually neededunder 6mm , resin backed products need extra additive so the adhesive sticks to the resin back , the thin porcelain we use is porcelain ,no resin backing so s2 not usually needed
yes gary.
resin backed you mean the reticle at the rear?
3mm previous work used with normal adhesive additive.
while last work, carried out with ultralite s2.

S

Spud

yes antonio , putting your own additive into normal adhesive is okay too and it becomes same as pronto s2

S

Spud

Gary, the TP with the resin backed, has this been well tested with regards to adhesive adhesion to the resin? Or is it disaster waiting to happen?
there were a lot of failures in the uk when it was first on the market several years ago , this was a mixture of poor specification and lack of product knowledge as it was new to the market ,
the adhesive companies now spec s2 for most resin backed tiles but the onus is now on the SUPPLIER/MANUFACTURER to specify what adhesive they recommend for their products
if kerlite say Mapei ultralite s2 must be used then it must be used .

I

Italy

seem kerakoll h40 no limit is magical ;)

Attachments

• Kerlite_Technical_Manual.pdf
    59.4 KB · Views: 11
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

very intresting antonio just how bad is the faliure rate over there .i think the video gives us a big clue but feel free to tell us more after all we could all learn from mistakes .after all with have only 5 years on site work to go by we know so little about fixing these thin tiles .and the tile and adhesive surpliers know so much more .us tilers are just not worthy .please tell us how we should do it again lol. why not just say we are having great problems with this .and need some help and input instead of this sharrared .a fool and his pride dig a very deep hole

I

Italy

very intresting antonio just how bad is the faliure rate over there .i think the video gives us a big clue but feel free to tell us more after all we could all learn from mistakes .after all with have only 5 years on site work to go by we know so little about fixing these thin tiles .and the tile and adhesive surpliers know so much more .us tilers are just not worthy .please tell us how we should do it again lol. why not just say we are having great problems with this .and need some help and input instead of this sharrared .a fool and his pride dig a very deep hole
dear ray.
for me it is very difficult to understand everything that is written on TF.
However I am curious and half of what you write I can translate.
I think, I agree on what you say.
Try in every job, until an equilibrium is reached, which makes the work very satisfying and in a workmanlike manner.
having said that, I believe a lot in development of PT and being very old weight makes a difference. lol

P.s who are the three monkeys Italian? haha

W

White Room

Three wise monkeys

Three-Wise-Monkeys-Three-Mystic-Apes-293x300.jpg

I

Italy

this work it is not my.
tiler first day of work.
Having broken two sheets 3000x1000. He called me in despair, because he did not know how to make cuts and holes.
I explained everything with telephone today.
he called at least 10 times.
at the end glad he. sent pictures tonight.
antonio before blaspheming him. then good Samaritan to help him.
Tonight antonio also excited him.

IMG_0685.JPG IMG_0686.JPG IMG_0687.JPG

Reply to Thin Porcelain (attention Is Dangerous Use Google Translate) in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks