Discuss Thin Porcelain (attention Is Dangerous Use Google Translate) in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Italy

Antonio, I think Ray is asking,
How much adhesive covered the tile when it was laid.
Did adhesive cover 80% of back, or 85% or 90% or
100%?

This is Ray's question in this picture. This picture shows Gary and me testing how much coverage was on back of the tile. (Sorbo is standing haha)
We spread on floor and we spread on tile, after laying tile, we picked it up again to see how the adhesive covered the tile.
Compry?

View attachment 79867 View attachment 79868

Did you test?
I think this is Ray's question.
floor seems 5/7 mm

S

Spud

I believe was S1 Tilemaster setaflex standard set,
we use closed tooth trowel for the floor antonio and a 4mm on the back of the tile we tried the mapei ultralight s1 at grespania training day and wasn't impressed this is the sort of coverage we get with Tilemaster seta flex S1

IMG-20160123-WA0000.jpg

I

Italy

we use closed tooth trowel for the floor antonio and a 4mm on the back of the tile we tried the mapei ultralight s1 at grespania training day and wasn't impressed this is the sort of coverage we get with Tilemaster seta flex S1

View attachment 79869
Ultralite s1 never used.
tile of the picture is covered 100%.
But is little :)
yes ultralite s2 is as a your picture.
I usually do the contrary 7.8 mm on the wall, flat tiles. (TP 3 mm thick, I also rear 3mm)
also carry out a shave to substrates, because in Italy walls and floors are made sand cement or premixed, therefore very rough

S

Spud

Ultralite s1 never used.
tile of the picture is covered 100%.
But is little :)
yes ultralite s2 is as a your picture.
I usually do the contrary 7.8 mm on the wall, flat tiles. (TP 3 mm thick, I also rear 3mm)
also carry out a shave to substrates, because in Italy walls and floors are made sand cement or premixed, therefore very rough
do you have any pictures showing the coverage of ultralight s2

I

Italy

no Antonio you no compry , do YOU have any coverage pictures of mapei ultralite s2 with thin porcelain on your own work
gary no, I do not have a picture of the coverage of my work.
only photo is on the attached pdf.
you have to wait until next job .....
Otherwise, as soon as I can, step by dealer has to take a lot ultralite s2 and do test

S

Spud

i was only joking Antonio as I know they are the same company , all the italian tilers I know use cercol and kerakol, mapei is not as popular as it used to be 15 years ago

I

Italy

gary yes, 15 years ago a few manufacturers.
I used a few times CERCOL only f55 green fix, the rest for me it's all crap.
kerakoll NOLIMIT is very good and the cost is the same.
Italian tiler in uk? or italy?
because in my area, CERCOL is nonexistent, savers
use weber

S

Spud

I sometimes use cermarmo f55 s1 it is good adhesive for the price I don't like the cercol fuga / grout often dries patchy what price is mapei ultra lite s2 in Italy ,
I am going to try it out on 1800x900 thin porcelain next week and will post some pictures if it's good I may start using it

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

antonio well you asked last year i went to cersaie in bologna and and went around picking up the fixing spec s
from the italian surpliers of tp 90% of there adhesive was wrong there fixing methods were wrong .the tp surpliers are relying to much on the adhesive companys with a vested interest .the italian way of fixing is run by
the three wise monkeys .see no evil .talk no evil.hear no evil

do a little work here your self to find the truth .

step 1 go out buy yourself a piece of glass 600x300 will do to start

step 2 now get all the trowels you have and borrow those you dont

step 3 now get a bag of all recomended adhesives and some you like

step 4 now use each adhesive with diffrent trowels placing glass on top to see covarage and how much movement is needed to get it

step 5 the ones you cant add more water to you can now discard you have seen it with your own eyes

step 6 if you do the work you will know the answers

I

Italy

I sometimes use cermarmo f55 s1 it is good adhesive for the price I don't like the cercol fuga / grout often dries patchy what price is mapei ultra lite s2 in Italy ,
I am going to try it out on 1800x900 thin porcelain next week and will post some pictures if it's good I may start using it
sorry for being late
yes gary i agree...
ultralite s2 in italy about 24/25€

Reply to Thin Porcelain (attention Is Dangerous Use Google Translate) in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks