Search the forum,

Discuss The use of chicken wire in tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bill

On walls, it was invaluable if you had to bed out the wall, the chicken wire helped keep the render vertical so that you could then add your top up layer with the tile to get plumb walls.

O

One Day

Tom also still works in a flat cap, shirt with sleeves rolled up and a waistcoat and brogues.
Traditional stylee. :)

goz

TF
Reaction score
I used it too! I'm only 35! When I started with the old man moo he used to ply out floor and staple expanded metal/ chicken wire to the floor then tile if I recall, last one was in '98 if memory serves. Tiled a dance floor of a nightclub in Maidenhead with it, Michelle Gayle opened the club, I spent most of the time getting coffee for the whole site from the local Wendy's!! Ah Halcyon days .........

W

White Room

I used it too! I'm only 35! When I started with the old man moo he used to ply out floor and staple expanded metal/ chicken wire to the floor then tile if I recall, last one was in '98 if memory serves. Tiled a dance floor of a nightclub in Maidenhead with it, Michelle Gayle opened the club, I spent most of the time getting coffee for the whole site from the local Wendy's!! Ah Halcyon days .........

Who's she ????

O

One Day

Who's she ????
bo+selecta+mel+b.jpg

Reply to The use of chicken wire in tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen