• Thread starter scotmk
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 7K
Search the forum,

Discuss Taptile Touch Controls in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

scotmk

Hi,

So I have installed the Taptile controls and all the testing on lights and fans are successful, no problem. I am tiling with 10mm porcelain tiles and when I test the control through the tile it is hit and miss, I cannot see anywhere on the Taptile website that says don't use porcelain tiles. The only thing I see is that it says should be flush on the back of the tile,but all tiles are not flat on the back they have a ridged texture.

Anyone used this with 10mm porcelain tiles?

Thanks

Scot.

S

SJPurdy

Interesting.
I looked through the instructions on the link and couldn't find anything against porcelain tiles either. it implies any non metallic tile 10-12mm thick (I assume that means up to 10-12mm!) - somewhere I think it also excluded a natural stone, travertine I think but I couldn't re-find that!
It does say no air gaps between sensor plate and back of tile but the photo instructions do show a slight pattern on the back of their example tile. Their example also shows mosaic stuck onto the front of the (ceramic, I think)tile giving a total thickness of 12mm plus I would guess.
Sorry not really being helpful other than confirming you haven't missed something obvious so I suggest asking their tech people.

Personally I prefer a motion sensor to activate the lights and fan, but you do have to wave at it if you stay still for longer than the timer. Its more hygienic as nothing has to be touched and provides amusement when guests can't find the light off switch!!

S

scotmk

Yes, confirms what I said lol.

I have been playing today and I have it working through my tile, it has to be very very flat and as I was just playing I did not have it 100% flat but did today. And when I take of the 3m tape to stick it it will be closer by 1/2 a mm and flatter. So I am happy with it now.

I do have an auto sensor too that will switch on the under cabinet lights at night time aas we go in

S

scotmk

Yes, my loft is fairy easy to get into and I have boarded a walk way to all my gadgets so it won't be difficult? Though I am thinking of relocating the receivers to just behind shower wall in the bedroom wardrobes. Though it does state they have to be 1mtr away from each other.

Reply to Taptile Touch Controls in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen