Discuss Supplier distance. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

IvegotsTILE

How close is your tiling supplier? Mine is 5 minutes drive away from my house.
Just wondering since the price of fuel keeps going up and the amount of time spent fetching materials it makes a big difference to our business.
Does anyone have to travel say 10 miles each way just to fetch materials each time.

I

Ian

I've just got back from Lincoln, been to fetch my supply of addy and LTP products. 10 bags of grey and 10 white SPF, stone sealer, and cleaning products. Do it once a month and probably save £150/200, so worth the diesel and a couple of hours.

T

tfs

Mine is around 2 miles. I tend to clock up the miles though just with quotes alone. Sometimes I have a few jobs per day which adds up too.

P

prceramics

i am quite lucky i have topps, tile giant, al muhad, Mk Tiles, Tile depot and avant tiles all in a 3 mile radius of my house :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Who was I talking to the other day on here that said 30 miles away is their closest I think they said?!?! Mad stuff. I'd open a shop myself if there wasn't one within 30 miles it must surely take off?!?!

D

DHTiling

About 9 miles to CTD and 5 miles to PHG.. so nothing close.. Hoping TG will open in my town... nothing here , not even a B and Poo...

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've just got back from Lincoln, been to fetch my supply of addy and LTP products. 10 bags of grey and 10 white SPF, stone sealer, and cleaning products. Do it once a month and probably save £150/200, so worth the diesel and a couple of hours.

Who do you use in Lincoln Bri? I spend quite a bit time down there, family etc

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I tend to get materials for 2-3 jobs that are booked in at a time. Sometimes I have to go back if the customer say changes grout colour once tiles are fixed but suppliers are no more than 7-8 miles away.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
There's no middle to milton keynes. You just go round and round and round and end up back where you started. Mad design of road networks! lol

Reply to Supplier distance. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay