Discuss Stupid question - how do you skim half a wall when a wall is being half-tiled? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I've got plasterers coming in next week to render the (brick) walls of my bathroom ready for it to be tiled. 3 of the walls will be tiled from the floor to the ceiling and the plasterers are going to sand/cement render those and not skim them. 1 wall will only be tiled half-way up the wall. How is the top half of it skimmed when you want to leave the bottom half as render? There's nothing for the plasterers to render up to. Is it done after the tiling or do you put a batten across the render and do it before the tiling? Or do you skim the whole wall and tile over the skim? I wanted to leave it as render because I know that's the best surface for the tiling. Cheers for any advice.

Reply to Stupid question - how do you skim half a wall when a wall is being half-tiled? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks