Search the forum,

Discuss staining on tile grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

I have light grey grout in between my bathroom tiles. There is a dark stain on the grout close to the toilet. Does anyone know how this can be removed? I have tried Jif cream but no notieable difference.

G

grumpygrouter

Is it a stain or is it damp? Damp grout will usually look a darker colour. If it is damp you will need to investigate why it is always damp.

U

Unregistered

Am pretty certain it is just a stain as the marks have spaces between the marks.

T

TilingLogistics

Use Aquamix Enrich & Seal and then the grout will all be the same colour:thumbsup:

Kev

S

Sully

Use Aquamix Enrich & Seal and then the grout will all be the same colour:thumbsup:

Kev

You sure Kev? I wouldn't be too sure myself without knowing the nature of the stain and at least trying to ascertain what caused it. Enrich & Seal may darken the grout but without seeing how dark this stain is, I wouldn't promise that the resulting shade will match.

Andrew

T

TilingLogistics

You sure Kev? I wouldn't be too sure myself without knowing the nature of the stain and at least trying to ascertain what caused it. Enrich & Seal may darken the grout but without seeing how dark this stain is, I wouldn't promise that the resulting shade will match.

Andrew

99% Sure. Just keep adding coats of En & Seal til you get roughly the same shade! Grout drinks it:thumbsup: Alternatively clean the stain and wait for the next one to happen IMO

Kev

Reply to staining on tile grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen