Search the forum,

Discuss split face uncallibrated limestone slips in a wet area, would you have them? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

opinions would be grateful, what would be your thoughts on the pros and cons of having limestone split face slips with tight joints in a wet area?

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Any pics Doug? my doubts about tight joints in wet areas is always capillary action. I presume there will be enough joint for grout?:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

similar to the thread you posted a little while ago Phil,(but if you could post an image to save me trawling through the threads I'd be grateful :thumbsup:), at the moment it's all in the planning stage and I have my opinions about this, but I've been asked to get a general consensus amongst fellow pro's:thumbsup:

T

Sorry Doug, can't recall that post, was it the slate slips? sorry.:oops:

D

doug boardley

they're those interlocking slates Phil that have more lips than Sting's mates in the rainforest..

T

Sorry doug are these the ones? if so I grouted them in a very fine grey grout

Attachments

• 060.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 054.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 16
T

Just twigged Doug, you said limestone:oops: same problem though. My eyes or brain need looking at,:lol:

D

doug boardley

Cheers guys, the customer in question is......my wife!!! .....I said that they shouldn't be done in a wet area but swmbo didn't believe me and wanted more opinions:thumbsup:

Reply to split face uncallibrated limestone slips in a wet area, would you have them? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen