Search the forum,

Discuss Sockets on split face tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

As @Paul C. To get anywhere near decent partially cut in faceplate and also use a bucket of silicone . But yes good luck keeping it clean

dg-1984

TF
Reaction score
Yeah meant just for trimming down a little main cuts would be grinder but just to plunge cut the small recess.
Was just a thought.

Reaction score
I have always recessed the tile so the socket sits flush with the thinnest part of the tile - thought that would be common practice?
Haven’t done it with porcelain only slate but the process would be the same.
Mark around your socket and remove as much material as you need so it sits nicely..

I

Italy

Yeah meant just for trimming down a little main cuts would be grinder but just to plunge cut the small recess.
Was just a thought.
yes, I usually do
first I try the flat tiles, then
if necessary use the grinder to grind
those that bother plaque.

dg-1984

TF
Reaction score
I have always recessed the tile so the socket sits flush with the thinnest part of the tile - thought that would be common practice?
Haven’t done it with porcelain only slate but the process would be the same.
Mark around your socket and remove as much material as you need so it sits nicely..
Thanks how do you remove the material to get a nice right angle for the sockets? What tools used?

dg-1984

TF
Reaction score
Always managed with a grinder you just have to attack from a few different angles.
Thank you, I'm going to be purchasing a new grinder and blades, I was going to go with the Bosch variable speed grinder and these blades. Are these blades ok or would you get other blades for the grinding/sinking cuts?

Reply to Sockets on split face tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen