Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Today I have finish a 130m2 limestone floor , it's been a mare , 200 ish year old cottage , used to be 2 houses and a post office , 7 different rooms plus hallway , no room square to the next and he wanted it flowing through.
All floors out of level , one by around 5" in 4m, very very testing :(
I drafted in Andystyletiling to grout 60m2 ish this morning, had it done for lunch , so cheers Andy :thumbsup:

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
New job started Monday. Nothing ready,I send the list of all issues found in site Monday and today I receive the ''unfinished list'' with all items notified by me Monday.Seem to be our fault for not do like Harry Potter and fix baths,walls plasterboard,showers pipes,bath panels,frame doors and tiling and grouting in the same time. 13699392_592686907575467_630052005_o (1).jpg Around 10 o'clock I receive a text message :''URGENT! WE NEED BAGGAGE HANDLERS TO START TOMORROW AT 6.30 AT HEATHROW AIRPORT(NO EXP. NEEDED) 12 HOUR SHIFT-£230 PER SHIFT.CALL NOW 020xxxxxxxx. How I can continue to be a tiler....

W

White Room

New job started Monday. Nothing ready,I send the list of all issues found in site Monday and today I receive the ''unfinished list'' with all items notified by me Monday.Seem to be our fault for not do like Harry Potter and fix baths,walls plasterboard,showers pipes,bath panels,frame doors and tiling and grouting in the same time. View attachment 83250 Around 10 o'clock I receive a text message :''URGENT! WE NEED BAGGAGE HANDLERS TO START TOMORROW AT 6.30 AT HEATHROW AIRPORT(NO EXP. NEEDED) 12 HOUR SHIFT-£230 PER SHIFT.CALL NOW 020xxxxxxxx. How I can continue to be a tiler....

I had one of them through the week, I was tempted though but had a job to sort out.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Finished off a kitchen floor this morning, cleaned up en-suite ready for siliconing tomorrow. Glazier went in after me to change dg unit and left, when I went back upstairs again he'd left the old unit and all the packaging, old foam ends off cables (unit has motorised blind in in) strewn all over the floor. Am I just wasting my time I ask myself :mad: I've saved all the bits and when he comes next time I'm going to put it all on the drivers seat in his van ;)

J

Joseph Kover

Oh & he wanted to go & catch some Pokemon.
Place full of grown adults with faces buried into their phones doing the same.
Zombies. They also play Ragdoll blaster and zombie smash. Look at how many accident, also Vulnerability for attack, rubbery. Idiots

J

Joseph Kover

Great day, Finished European heritage tiles, small loft bathroom, now heading to see a wet floor issue after another tiler.

J

J Sid

had a nightmare yesterday, b&q tiles customer had delivered.
3 different shades with BCT and made in Italy tiles in the same box :(
would have walked but was a friend of the wife's so had to sort it out

O

Old Mod

So the question is can you spot the mistake the electrician made?
As I was about to Lay the last small complete floor the other night I uncovered, from under all the debris, a severed UFH cable.
It had floated to the surface through the latex and was directly beneath where the steel fabricators were installing the balustrade.
So I maticulously uncovered more cable until such time that I had exposed a loop, this way both pieces could be brought together, excess removed as repair made, easy! ...........well, or is it I ask myself this evening.
I even left a small channel in the floor to insert the cable and a flap of anti crack membrane so it could all be put back together as it should be.
Having spoke to the agent today, he assured me everything was tickety boo!
Arrived earlier and after unloading and retrieving other kit from the lock up, I had a wander round to survey the bits and pieces that I needed to do this evening.
Which, incidentally, is supposed to be my last shift!!
Having got to the said floor last I was greeted with this, it's nothing unusual, used to it by now.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Because I had to fit some skirting around that side too, I had to clean up so I could remove the 6mm ply covering the floor, but the penny was about to drop!
As you can quite clearly see, the repair has been made.
And looks like a good job!
Look.......
image.jpeg image.jpeg
But can anyone tell me,
Where on gods earth am I going to put the cable?
I have never before seen something so completely stupid!!
He didn't bother removing the excess, he just joined the two pieces together and left it!
And these guys laid it!
So there's no excuse, they know (apparently) how to install UFH!!
So it has to beg the question,
Why should I even bother!!
It took the best part of a week to get the repair kit in the first place!!

Just to add to that, when I uncovered everything to remove the ply, this presented itself.
All that crap was UNDER the Corex!
image.jpeg

And the brown residue on the tiles and nosing?
Packing tape! You know the kind they use to pack boxes, that horrible plastic tape.
image.jpeg

The tape itself came up clear!
And the adhesive remained in the tiles and nosings.
You can see the clear tape below.

image.jpeg

So was it really worth it I ask myself, was it really worth spending so much time and energy to bring together 7 completely different pieces of tile to create this,
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

When you have completely incompetent electricians and people who instruct labourers how to cover a finished piece of work!
Rant over!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Nothing surprises me these days Marc, just no consideration or appreciation of other trades

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks