Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Italy

Well this is the start of my day......
Basement floor and lobby I spent an age cleaning last night........really?
Looks like plasterers mixing area to me!
View attachment 82900

Other night spent most of it inserting end caps in to nosings (over 60!) and maticulously covering with protective tape to avoid scratching! ......really?

View attachment 82901

View attachment 82902

I think two pieces of tape remain, all been taken off by tip of spreads trowel!

And just to complete my day!

View attachment 82903

Latex and edge of tile taken completely off from beneath, again with the aid of a spreads trowel it would seem.

View attachment 82904

And u wonder what I do all day! Haha
This is a daily occurrence.
So I guess I'll be one extra piece short for the basement staircase now too! :D
:(

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
So who's paying for that then Marc? You sometimes feel like you are wasting your time. I've just finished a bathroom at a customers and plumber (not mine) has been back to second fix. The amount of dust and crap that he's created is unbelievable. I left the room perfect ready for him and labourer has been in there all day today cleaning and polishing off again. I can't be doing with trades that just don't give two @%&* about other peoples work, really makes me want to punch their lights out!!!

I

Italy

So who's paying for that then Marc? You sometimes feel like you are wasting your time. I've just finished a bathroom at a customers and plumber (not mine) has been back to second fix. The amount of dust and crap that he's created is unbelievable. I left the room perfect ready for him and labourer has been in there all day today cleaning and polishing off again. I can't be doing with trades that just don't give two @%&* about other peoples work, really makes me want to punch their lights out!!!
Holy words. every man for himself and just.
no respect for the work done by others.

O

Old Mod

You know john, it's not just about who's paying for me, I always go the extra bit and put as much as I can into a project.
Every job is as if it was my own home, what hurts, as you say, is just the sheer lack of respect for someone else's efforts.
It's hard enough in these conditions as it is to produce fine work and have it protected, but this!
I must admit, hacked me off big time!
And what made it worse is that I had to send a really snotty message to the site agent, who I have the utmost respect for!, just to make sure that there isn't a repeat tomorrow when the second coat is applied.
It's soul destroying and heart breaking is what it is!
Hey ho, carry on chopping out tread I spose! Haha

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You know john, it's not just about who's paying for me, I always go the extra bit and put as much as I can into a project.
Every job is as if it was my own home, what hurts, as you say, is just the sheer lack of respect for someone else's efforts.
It's hard enough in these conditions as it is to produce fine work and have it protected, but this!
I must admit, hacked me off big time!
And what made it worse is that I had to send a really snotty message to the site agent, who I have the utmost respect for!, just to make sure that there isn't a repeat tomorrow when the second coat is applied.
It's soul destroying and heart breaking is what it is!
Hey ho, carry on chopping out tread I spose! Haha

I know the total lack of respect when you put your heart and soul into a job. I had a job a couple of years ago, a wetroom with dark brown grout and I had completed ready for siliconing up and the spark turned up so I left him to it. Told him to sheet up as he was cutting holes in ceiling for spotlights. I came back next day and he'd not sheeted up, just drilled and let all the plaster dust go on the floor. He then used my dirty bucket of water and sponge to wipe up. When I got in next morning the brown grout was mostly pinky white and you could see where the sponge was swept all over the floor and dried, took me a day to clean it all up and he walks away from the job with his cheque and I'm left with the crap to clean up including empty light boxes, sandwich bag and empty drinks can and the obligatory blue and brown trimmed ends :mad:

F

Flintstone

Left these cuts til last, glad to get them in today leaving a grouting day for a Friday.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Oh dear what a shame..:(

Still look a the bright side...I finished at 2pm today and got tomorrow and all next week off...:D

S

Stef

Had a great day out, my youngest boys birthday 13, away with him & 2 friends.
Started at Ryze in Glasgow, trampolines, then onto Burger King & a couple of games of bowling.
Next stop was the water Ayr, I done a bit of fishing while the boys were skimming stones & playing around then to to Ayr beach for the boys to play in the park & we are just heading for some chips for dinner on the way home.
Can't beat days out like this..

W

White Room

Had a great day out, my youngest boys birthday 13, away with him & 2 friends.
Started at Ryze in Glasgow, trampolines, then onto Burger King & a couple of games of bowling.
Next stop was the water Ayr, I done a bit of fishing while the boys were skimming stones & playing around then to to Ayr beach for the boys to play in the park & we are just heading for some chips for dinner on the way home.
Can't beat days out like this..

You was never going to catch anything then:)

Q

Qwerty

Oh & he wanted to go & catch some Pokemon.
Place full of grown adults with faces buried into their phones doing the same.

I've had that all week at the job I've been on. Seen kids and adults walking up & down the pavement outside looking like zombies. Worst of it is , I mentioned it to the plumber today, saying that there must be a Pokemon somewhere nearby (I still havent seen it!) and then he announced that there is......at the end of the driveway and that he has the app too!!! :rolleyes: What a dork!!!!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Been sorting floor boards out that were creaking. Did that Wednesday and got them solid. Thursday over-boarded floor and blobbed the tray in. Today got the floor tiles down and was sat in the tray at one point and every time I moved there was a squeak. Couldn't believe it - everything is rock solid now but it can't be 'cos the tray squeaks. Even took my shoes off in case they were creaking!
Maybe it'll go after I've siliconed but maybe not. After about 40 mins I realised the tray wasn't squeeking and I had one of those nasal whistles !

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks