Search the forum,

Discuss Smooth Metro brick tiles for splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sallypoo

Hi

I'm looking for some recommendations for quality Metro tiles. I had been going to get a sample of the Laura Ashley from BTC but you guys seem to suggest these are awful! I don't want beveled or crazed. I want a quality smooth tile in subtle colours.

Any suggestions? all the smooth ones I can find seem to be crazed and I don't want the hassle of sealing if its for a hardworking area like a splashback.

many thanks

Sallypoo

B

Bubblecraft

That's where I was going to direct Sallypoo lol. They are not bad quality from Tons of tiles. I did about 22m2 in them & only came across about 3 tiles with cracked glaze

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Tile giant do a range too.

S

sallypoo

I found these too:
walls and floors brick metro
tons of tiles retro metro flat

what do you think? Always worried because neither site tells me who has manufactured them.....

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of a bathroom refurb at the moment using these: Crackle Glaze Bermondsey Olive Retro Metro Wall Tiles 7.5x15cm - Tons of Tiles - Metro Tiles, Tile
They're good quality, nice to work with, and pretty cheap.

SAM_3759.JPG

There's a few more pictures up on my facebook page. First time i've brought from Tons of Tiles, but i'd recommend them.

S

sallypoo

Ali, is the crackle glaze a problem - it needs sealing right? I was worried that this would increase the maintenance?

Just found Johnsons Prismatics... they look good :thumbsup:

Reply to Smooth Metro brick tiles for splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen