Search the forum,

Discuss slc over ufh gauging depth? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

59peejay

The majority of people here seem to encourage laying slc over the ufh rather than just adhesive then tiles, for obvious reasons i can understand,some recommend up to 10mm above!!! which seems alot to me,whats your optimum depth and more relevent to me who has never used it before,how do you gauge your thickness?.
Also i would like to run my ufh onto my wetroom showertray,obviously i can't put slc onto the tray is it possible to barrier of the tray,use slc upto the tray then flexible adhesive in the tray area?,would the two different compounds marry up ok or would they react against one another?

W

White Room

I only use slc just to cover the ufh mat 3-4mm, in your tray use an adhesive to hold the mat down. No problem with the two meeting, there both cementous based

D

doug boardley

depend on the thickness of your ufh wires, I like to make sure that my UFH is well embedded into my slc. I'd go 6-7mm, but I think 10mm is a bit OTT, but I suppose it depends on what brand SLC you use

Reply to slc over ufh gauging depth? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen