Search the forum,

Discuss SLC advice required for UFH and overnight set good for tiling. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stan001

I’m looking at a conservatory job end of next week with underfloor heating, 200W per sqm so its the thicker wire mat.

I’m planning on :-
Tiles with flexible grout
Flexible adhesive laid as a solid bed
Self levelling compound (SLC) / smoothing compound
The electric cable matt with sensor
10mm insulation board
Flexible adhesive
Primer
Concrete floor

I’m looking to the Mapei experts here to advise me ref the most appropriate Mapei SLC please.
Is it Latexplan or Ultraplan? …. I see that with either I’m looking at 12hours before fixing tile, so either wont let me go back the day after to tile!
(in Mapei speak the spec sheets say ‘bonded floor covering after at least 12 hours’! … does this mean tiling? To me it does.) … is that true?

If I go BAL Multibase then that can be tiled after 3 hours – means I can SLC end of the day and get tiling the day after.

Would be interested to get a quote from Mapei up against BAL if the Latexplan or Ultraplan can get me to tiling as fast as Multibase.

Or is there a good (non BAL / Mapei) SLC you can recommend for use with UFH that will allow me to tile the day after.

Thanks in advance guys.

Stan

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

I would go for Latexplan trade and yes tile the next day. Some would say Mapei Fibreplan but its a bit overkill IMO and there are some who will tile as soon as its touch dry ! Not me.

D

dagger

Personally i would only use Fibreplan over insulation boards,
mainly because it has fibre reinforcement....but thats just me!

S

Spud

the brands i like,webber nivdur s , mapei fibre plan ,just tried palace fibre slc which is pretty good and alot cheaper than the mapei

Reply to SLC advice required for UFH and overnight set good for tiling. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen