Search the forum,

Discuss Slate Lite in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

Anyone seen it? They have a sample in my local place, it's about 1.5mm thick, real slate vaneer, flexible, like a big vinyl tile, suitable for bathroom floors and walls, wet areas, not suitable for areas of heavy traffic. Loads of different styles

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Been out for a few years, pretty mad stuff. We tested lots of finishes and thicknesses .
They ( maybe not the above supplier) can also supply it on a roll , like a cloth they were making cloths ,bags and phone cases!!! Mad stuff

F

Flintstone

It does look surprisingly good for this sort of thing. I don't think you could tell, it's got a lot of texture. Needs sealing etc. I'm sure it has its place

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
They were using large formats for cladding , curved walls etc . In shopping centres or comercial .Just contact adhesive to bond, even had a clip in plastic grout line to outline areas . we could apply variouse finishes , Matt, enhanced colour impregnators or the wet look shines so loads of variation. Clever technology

F

Flintstone

They said to me to fix it with standard set flexi. I can see it being good on curves are areas where you wouldn't normally be able to have slate

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

can you do a simple test cut a small square then use a lighter hold to a courners and tell us what happens

S

Stef

I put stuff like this up a few years ago & it came back as it was carcinogenic.
They have it in my local CTD on a curve & they couldn't get it to stick.
I've still got a bit kicking around my garage somewhere.

Reply to Slate Lite in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen