Search the forum,

Discuss Single Tile lifting suckers in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The handles open up nick and the rubber base lays flat, when you close them up it creates a vacuum beneath attaching the sucker.
Textured ones work because they have a bigger skirt arrangement around the outside making the edge more flexible allowing it to adhere to a textured surface correctly.

I'm glad you added that 2nd sentence Marc - if you hadn't I'd be worried what you must think of me :p

O

Old Mod

I'm glad you added that 2nd sentence Marc - if you hadn't I'd be worried what you must think of me :p
I realised that as I was writing it mate, so I thought I’d elaborate rather than delete anything. Haha
At least that way if anyone is in the dark as to how they work, it should help some haha

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I thought it must be some sort of big foot Gecko tech

O

Old Mod

I happen to have a high opinion of you Nick, so no, I certainly didn’t think anything less of you haha

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Got a big DIY job to do and been doing a lot of research to top up my tile knowledge and keep seeing people using suction pads. As I always end up getting my fingers in the addy I thought it a good idea to get one and I love it ---- I have just spent 2 hours going around the house attaching it to every thing and any thing. Doesn't work on the wife's thigh's though !
£7.50 silverline aluminium from toolstation and a slap in the face from the wife.

Reply to Single Tile lifting suckers in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen