Search the forum,

Discuss Silicone expansion joint & UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
Hi ive just began tiling and had a question on electric UFH,

Im laying 9m2 of tile in a bathroom over Electric UFH all of which is on a 12mm ext grade ply sub. I have 2 questions really i know from other posts that purpose made expansion joints are rarely needed in domestic situations but I was wondering if any of u tilers had advice when, how and where to add a silicone expansion joint and if tiling onto a SLC or staight onto the UFH is best??

All advice appreciatied, cheers

T

Turkish

I thanked you and i meant to reply:mad2: Anyway, expansion joints are required on a distance of every 8 - 10 linear metres i believe or where 2 different substrates meet. As far as tiling onto the UFH then most people prefer to lay SLC to avoid catching the UFH wires and provide a nice flat surface to tile to.

Turkish:thumbsup:

T

TheWrightTiler

i agree, every 8 - 10 linear metres for expansion joint or when 2 different floors types meet.

as for the ufh, if dont want to use slc then use a plastic trowel as less likely to damage the wires or use a plasterers float to lay down some flexi addy, same price imho tho

andy

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
Cheers guys that helps me a lot SLC it is then and am well chuffed that Extpansion joints aint needed on this one.

Thanks

Reply to Silicone expansion joint & UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen