Search the forum,

Discuss shower mixer pipe collars in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

number9scores

Hi, My plumber and joiner have not co-operated on my shower enclosure and left a small. niggly problem. The old installation and tiles were remved. The plumber installed the new shower tray and enclosure then the joine installed shower panels. We kept the Bristan Artisan mixer on the wall. This has left more of the pipework protruding and there isn't enough thread for the chrome collars to thread on the shower mixer pipes. The collars are only about 20-22mm deep and I need something about 3-4 mm deeper. Any ideas? Can I obtain different collars ? This is very stressful - a good looking shower install but not quite finished and ready to use. thanks.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I can't really picture your installation, so a pic would be very handy. Alternately, you could try posting on the plumbing forum! It seems that you are trying to resolve an issue when it should be your plumber/joiner sorting out the problem. Good luck.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yes you can get different collars. ....I had same problem not so long back luckily my plumber had a nice selection of thicknesses to choice from however im not sure if you can buy them its the sort of thing you keep when renewing old showers im sure someone on the plumbing forum might know more

Reply to shower mixer pipe collars in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen