Search the forum,

Discuss Setting Time BAL Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TilingLogistics

Does anyone know the full cure time for BAL WJ grout. The grout gap is 3mm wide and 12mm deep on floor with 300 x 300 Nero Maquina/Crema Marfil laid on the diamond on screed floor with UFH:huh2:

Kev

D

DHTiling

hi kev......24 hrs at 20c...what's up..?...got a prob with the grout or just wanting the setting time:)

T

TilingLogistics

Got a problem with a floor. The floor was fixed Xmas time client was jacked off with the tiler because of the lippage and the fact that the tiler had not sorted the nero Maquina black as requested and consequently laid all the tiles with the most white in at one end of the hall. A galleried landing overlooks the hall and the client says it looked like two different floors from upstairs.

Consequently the tiler came back in 10 days ago and removed 16 of the tiles and replaced them with new ones to even the floor up. (Not the easiest of jobs over UFH) Now the client is jacked off with the lippage and the way they have been sealed over grout haze.

I have been there today to grind, hone and polish a test area and I could not understand why the grout was so soft (The 10 day bit the client decided to tell me in the last 5 minutes before I left).

Kev

D

DHTiling

Shouldn't really be soft after 10 days......badly mixed or too much water......have you rang tech line....?..

T

TilingLogistics

Thanks Dave!

I will ring the tech Line tomorrow. I thought I had read somewhere the full cure time was 14 days! But, perhaps that was relating to something else and i am mixing it up.

If the worst comes to the worst I will dig it out after grinding and regrout it.

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DS Tiling

The recommended time before using a phosporic acid wash is 10 days so as the grout has reached it's full cure. I would reckon this would differ slightly between manufacturers but 10 days wouldn't be far off the mark and it should certainly be well dried after 24hrs as Dave said.

D

DHTiling

Thanks Dave!

I will ring the tech Line tomorrow. I thought I had read somewhere the full cure time was 14 days! But, perhaps that was relating to something else and i am mixing it up.

If the worst comes to the worst I will dig it out after grinding and regrout it.

Kev

no probs kev..let us know how it goes......:thumbsup:

Reply to Setting Time BAL Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen