Search the forum,

Discuss Setting out for window in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Chwrlie

Might have a solution. If I fit a a dectretive tile at the centre line of window that gives me a 100mm cut either side of the window. Didn't really want to use a decretive tile on that wall but can' really see any other option.
1521493815525523289615.jpg

B

Bill

Might have a solution. If I fit a a dectretive tile at the centre line of window that gives me a 100mm cut either side of the window. Didn't really want to use a decretive tile on that wall but can' really see any other option. View attachment 97590
If you put a chrome box trim either side of the decorative centre tile, then you can cut into the box trim with the two field tiles and have the full tile joint running up the window reveals and create bigger cuts.

C

Chwrlie

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I'e come down to two options now. 1 with the decorative tile and cuts just past the window or decorative tile with crome trim and cuts at window reveals (pic2). Which way would you guys go? Anymore suggestions before I make the plunge. I wanna get this right.
15216199460421812728844.jpg
1521619973825514607326.jpg

S

Spare Tool

2nd one left to right looks best, but are you sure that works floor to ceiling, 11 rows of 200 don't make the 2.3 high and how does that work with bath, door etc?

C

Chwrlie

Glad you brought that up, haven't got that far yet, was just trying to work out what looks best. Luckily I only have the height of the door frame to consider. My thinking, the window is 110mm that would accomodate 5 tiles with spacers and a 80mm cut at the top, and a full tile at the bottom. Will measure properly when I get home tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chwrlie

Thanks for all your help guys. It's certainly been a learning curve, pretty happy with my first attempt at tiling. I've uploaded a couple of progress photos, just abit of grouting to go now

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Setting out for window in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen