Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Setting out for window in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United States of America
C

Chwrlie

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Evening, hope all is well.

Im Looking for a bit of advice regarding setting out on the window wall. Which ever way I play around with it I seem to have a sliver either at the window or both ends. I've attached a photo of the wall and a diagram with the measurements. It would be nice to know how you guys would tackle it. Tiles are 60cm x 20cm ceramics using 2mm spacers. Thanks in advance.
20180319_183007.jpg
20180319_183141.jpg

OP
C

Chwrlie

Might have a solution. If I fit a a dectretive tile at the centre line of window that gives me a 100mm cut either side of the window. Didn't really want to use a decretive tile on that wall but can' really see any other option.
1521493815525523289615.jpg

OP
B

Bill

Might have a solution. If I fit a a dectretive tile at the centre line of window that gives me a 100mm cut either side of the window. Didn't really want to use a decretive tile on that wall but can' really see any other option. View attachment 97590
If you put a chrome box trim either side of the decorative centre tile, then you can cut into the box trim with the two field tiles and have the full tile joint running up the window reveals and create bigger cuts.

OP
C

Chwrlie

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I'e come down to two options now. 1 with the decorative tile and cuts just past the window or decorative tile with crome trim and cuts at window reveals (pic2). Which way would you guys go? Anymore suggestions before I make the plunge. I wanna get this right.
15216199460421812728844.jpg
1521619973825514607326.jpg

Reply to Setting out for window in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock