Search the forum,

Discuss Screed drying times in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj1884

Good morning all. Went to look at a job yesterday where they are having the nu heat Lo Pro 10 UFH system on the ground floor of an area of 56m2.
I've put some pictures on which hopefully aren't upside down as the usually are.
My question relates to the screed. The pipes have been covered with 65mm sand and cement fibre screed, so the builder said. I know the drying times for screeds is around the 80-90 day mark but as usual the builder wants it done sooner. Also in relation to the commissioning of the UFH have any of you guys had experience with this system and what's the best way to deal with the commissioning of it. Also I know the answer but is there anyway of tiling sooner onto a set up like this. The tiles are limestone. I'll be using ditra as well.
Thanks in advance.

S

swanman

Well you have already said it
green screeds I use ditra matting over the top
Thats if the builder wants to pay out for this
my advise to you would be wait until it's properly dried out if he doesn't want to use ditra
better to be safe then sorry
or get him to sign a disclaimer
good luck mate

R

rj1884

Hi. Thanks for your replies. I've just realised I didn't actually put the pictures on. I'm going to wait till it dries properly. How soon can it be tiled as I will be using ditra.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 26

Reply to Screed drying times in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen