Search the forum,

Discuss Schluter edge profiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mad Hatter

Evening all,

I've got a job next week and I need to use an edging strip but I'm using 6mm Hardibackers under the tile, what's the best way to fix the profile under the Hardibacker so that it can't be seen?

D

DHTiling

Can you elaborate a bit more...can't see why you would want to put the profile trim under the hardi..?

M

Mad Hatter

Sorry it is a bit vague, the kitchen to be tiled leads onto a open plan dining area that drops down with a step. So that the edge of the the tile isn't visible I was planning to put a metal trim on the edge of the tile, but thinking about it I'd need a bigger trim so that the edge of the hardibacker can't be seen either.

My concern is what's the best way to fix the trim under the Hardi, I was thinking about some addy and screwing down at the edge hardi so that it gets a good grip on the trip.

M

Mad Hatter

That last sentence should be about getting a grip on the trim and not the trip!:smash:

D

DHTiling

Just leave the hardi short of the step edge..fix trim and infill with addy then fix tile....

You can get a schluter Reno trim in a few sizes..so no probs...

Reply to Schluter edge profiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen