Discuss Rough cost to install Victorian tiled path? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello,

I was thinking about getting my front garden path laid with mosaic original style tiles and also York stone bull steps installed in the porch and at the gate.

Currently it's bog standard Victorian ceramic square tiles on path and porch.

What I am after is something similar to the pic I got off the internet but a simpler border and just plain black tiles in the porch, my garden path is about 1m x 1.7m.

I've researched and can source the tiles and steps but wondered how much it would cost to install, ballpark, rough figure just for labour with these two scenarios:-

A/ Just to tile over the old ceramic tiles, which are very solid and install two YS steps.
B/ Assuming complete removal of old path and concrete re-laid then tile on new concreted path and then install YS steps.

Hope you can help so I can get an idea if feasible or not.

ta. :)

victorian-path-black-geometric-design.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We can't really comment on prices. A lot of it is due to demand in your area and local competition etc.

Though I'd get three tilers out who can do such tiling (you need the very best of the best) and I'd try and get everything up, concrete or screed it, then tile it.

Don't get somebody who has NOT done this before. It will not end well. A lot of people are taking jobs on that they haven't done before just to get some work in. Get an experienced person in to do it.

We had a guy, Timeless Tiling Solutions, who does it up north, but no way he would go down to London to do a front path. Another brilliant guy who would have done a lovely job has not long passed away.

There aren't many good geometric tilers knocking around. So make sure you get a few quotes, and then perhaps come back on here with their workings out etc.

Reply to Rough cost to install Victorian tiled path? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks