Search the forum,

Discuss Restoring terracotta pavers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

billybuntus

Discount tiles then i take it..:)

It will take about 7 coats etc as they are so absorbent..

Very possibly :)

I'm still scrubbing :-(

Scotch pads seem to be bringing the grout round but some of the stuff on the tiles is torture to get off. One of the main 'pathways' through the kitchen is filthy, I'm on my third go of power stripper at 1:2 ratio! The solvex actually came in very handy when trying to lift what I can only imagine must be fat/oil from under cooker on the tiles that the power stripper couldn't touch.

P

Perry

Would they have been sealed with boiled linseed oil as most terracottas were laid a few years ago then waxed it never worked IMO but most were

P

Perry

There also were two different hade made Spanish one had flat backs one with sandy backs from the same area and clay they look like the sandy back ones ?they were a little bumpier

B

billybuntus

There also were two different hade made Spanish one had flat backs one with sandy backs from the same area and clay they look like the sandy back ones ?they were a little bumpier

Yeah there pretty bumpy.

I'm nearly there now, haven't had chance to finish off cleaning the other half but gave it another wash over last night with power stripper and aim to get the rest finished this weekend.

They have come up well but some of the marks just won't shift (adhesive etc on the surface, don't look like they were sealed prior to laying). They are good enough for now and the sealer really is excellent stuff so I'll get the rest sealed then look to re-grout in a few months time to bring them back up to scratch.

Oh yeah and before paying a fiver each for black emulsifying pads from the tile shop get yourself to tescos in the cleaning (latndry baskets etc) aisle. They do ones half the size in a handy round size for £1.25 each and are identical compounds instead of paying £5 each! from the tile shops.

B

billybuntus

Hello again,

I've managed to clean and seal 80% of the floor (haven't had time to complete it) and seal it. I've lifted about 2 sq\m and relayed (was bodged had grooves grinded through it for an old worktop support which I have removed).

I'm now wanting to re-grout the floor and have been looking into multtools etc but I've come across a few suggestions of a grout re-colour?

I've just bought mapei cement grey grout but its not what I'm after so I'm going to try mapei beige?

Do mapei do Fuga Fresca grout colourant in beige to match the existing grout and would anyone recommend it?

Reply to Restoring terracotta pavers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen