Search the forum,

Discuss Removing Vynal tile glue in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
If you're worried and customer says they are happy to go against your advice send them an email to respond to saying that it is tiled at their liability

I have it in writing and it has been signed. Never sure if that will hold up if it went to court but it is always good to have.

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
In my haste to post yesterday I have only just noticed I spelt Vinyl incorrectly. I can not edit the title for some reason. Surprised no one pointed it out :D

My tiling is better than my spelling :D

T

Tommythetiler80

I think someone else mentioned it but in the past I have and will always cover the floor with a dusting of cement/slc dust ,sweep it about the floor and then unfortunately it'll be elbow grease with a bladed scraper or the "big mutt" until I feel happy that I've got a good proportion of it up. Then prime the floor and scim over with whatever slc that I'm using at the time.

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
I think someone else mentioned it but in the past I have and will always cover the floor with a dusting of cement/slc dust ,sweep it about the floor and then unfortunately it'll be elbow grease with a bladed scraper or the "big mutt" until I feel happy that I've got a good proportion of it up. Then prime the floor and scim over with whatever slc that I'm using at the time.

Thanks for the reply mate. If it happens again I will use the dust method. SLC was not an option on this job. It left me with limited options unfortunately.

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
I thought I would update this incase it helps someone else in the future.

I used mapei eco prim. Had to leave it on over night and applied two coats just to be safe. Dried fantastically well. Great surface to tile on and great product.

Reply to Removing Vynal tile glue in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen