Search the forum,

Discuss Removing paint from walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

baht'at

Has any one a quick and clean method for removing emulsion from walls as have a feature wall to do in a newly painted and furnished room.

T

Tile Shop

Either a wall scraper or electric sander (with extraction) with a very low grit sheet. I have the same thing to do at the weekend for a kitchen splashback.

What tiles are going up and is it plaster beneath the paint? Cuz if weight is going to be a issue it will be easier to just board it out.

B

baht'at

Thanks for the responses.
It is a through dining kitchen -lounge, so wouldn't be easy to contain the dust even with an extractor on would fancy having to either repaint or pay for the ceiling to be redone due to steam condensing on it.
In the back of my mind I think I was once told by an old timer by covering the paint with a thin coat of tubed adhesive and left for a while it softens the emulsion and just scrape off( just the floor to protect).
Just wondered if any one new of or had tried it.

F

Flintstone

It's easy to remove emulsion, wet sponge wet it up, wipe it over a few times then get a blade scraper from screw fix and it will come off easy peasy

O

One Day

Cleanest easiest way I know if is to get a tub of dirt-cheap rubbish ready mixed adhesive and spread it all over approx 1mm thick.
Leave it 20 mins and then scrape it off.
It keeps all the paint contained so no dust and an easy(ish) clean-up.

Reply to Removing paint from walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen