Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss removing old floor tiles and retiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

james fowler

naw, this is an old thread but that guys floor there is not the foundation. I was searching for this answer myself and landed here. just to clarify ...my floor in our kitchen and is not on the ground floor there is a bedroom directly beneath it. SO NO FOUNDATION! I pulled up our tile and found this exact thing to a tee. seemed/looked more like they poured concrete over the foam part of carpeting which petrified the foam, then they tiled it. I am curious as to what he hell it is? i've been around for some time and been on multiple types of jobs and ive never seen anything like it. why it is so thick is beyond moronic. anyways yeah guess the only alternative is to get leveler or a bag of cement and fill the holes, after it sets use a grinder to help smooth where needed Im guessing. because taking it all out down to the wood would mean having to take out all of the existing tile too ( there may be cement board at the very bottom screwed to the floor itself but I dont want to find out.) I hope that anyone that comes across this doesnt listen to those other bits of "knowledge" its some sort of concrete type adhesive thats super thick - not a foundation, although it may have been directly applied on top of a foundation slab.

Reply to removing old floor tiles and retiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks