Search the forum,

Discuss Raimondi levelling pegs tested on a recent job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

I have a brother who works for an inventive engineering company, I must show him these clips etc to see what they make of it from that angle.
Crazy price for them all IMO.
I have some Genesis ones but haven't tried them enough really.

G

glasgow_tiler

these maybe good for a floor that is completly flat and dosnt need any building up but again i just dont see the need for these as its not as easy as just sticking the tile down and screwing these pegs on but if it helps folk out then cool

J

Jeff the tiler

Hey, Glasgow tiler I have been able to try on a small area where I needed to build up by 25mm or so, the clips were fine but I agree they are not for everyone, on large commercial work completely impractical on a financial basis.

One thing to add I have been able to use the wedges three times over so far but I think that probably about it with them as the serrated top edges are showing wear now.

Again I would like to stress so far only tried on porcelain so can not give a view on other tiles i.e travertine etc.

For me the pegs are not there to level the floor they lessen the chance of lippage when the adhesive is drying back. The clips will not pull a tile up or down by huge amounts so the adhesive contact should not be broken as the clips will break if you squeeze the wedge in with to much force

J

jonnyc

i am a bit lost on why these clips are needed for stone
we have had instances where porcelain flexes and can see the point in this instance possibly although with care we can avoid lippage.
stone does not flex in same way and can only think that if you applied these clips on a stone that does not flex then you are a causing other stesses and possibly forcing the tile off the bed laid.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i am a bit lost on why these clips are needed for stone
we have had instances where porcelain flexes and can see the point in this instance possibly although with care we can avoid lippage.
stone does not flex in same way and can only think that if you applied these clips on a stone that does not flex then you are a causing other stesses and possibly forcing the tile off the bed laid.

Hi johny, I didn't really need the clips on this job, but I chose to use them!
They don't cause any stress they just hold the tile in place while the adhesive goes off, once the wedge is removed it's only the adhesive holding them down.
Hope this helps ;)

Houston

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have always been taught to read the floor/wall substrates before tiling with straight/feather edge etc.. and prep before if required, surely we can serrate a floor/wall and fix tiles without lippage . Personally i don't think its for me at this moment in time.

Reply to Raimondi levelling pegs tested on a recent job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen