Search the forum,

Discuss quarry tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rossy

hi, can some one please tell me whether quarry tiles need to be sealed, got kitchen floor to do monday been told by some shops need sealing others say dont, just wax them to shine them up thanks rossy.....

G

grumpygrouter

If they are Ruabon quarries, they recommend not sealing unless they are in a very heavy duty area.

Grumpy

T

TilingLogistics

Rossy,

This is a tough one. As Grumpy says if the Quarries are very high quality like Dennis Ruabons they rarely need sealing unless they are being fixed in an area such as a kitchen where they are going to take a battering.

There are however quarries available that do require sealing. My advice based on experience is to Test the quarry and see if it requires sealing. I quite often seal half the tile and show the client the difference and let them make their mind up. I have worked with quarries that soak sealer up like a sponge and others that will accept virtually nothing at all.

My advice would be Test, and show the client:thumbsup:

Kev

D

DHTiling

I would also advise if they do need sealing that you use an impregnating sealer rather than a topical(coating) sealer because it will be less maintenance for the tiles....as some topical sealers will need to be stripped and reapplied regularly....

R

rossy

they are ruabons quarrys, customer has called supplier this afternoon where she has bought from and says they dont need sealing so ive left her to make decision thanks for advise....

G

grumpygrouter

they are ruabons quarrys, customer has called supplier this afternoon where she has bought from and says they dont need sealing so ive left her to make decision thanks for advise....
Check out the Ruabon website Rossy, there is loads of technical info there. You may have to register to access it. Ruabon quarries deffo do not need sealing.

Grumpy

Reply to quarry tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen