Search the forum,

Discuss PTS Tiling Course at Warrington in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Holohana

Re: pts warrington

i went on the same course and more than half of the blokes were moaning at the amount of time we had on our projects and that they felt it wasn't worth the money...

Hi Hometiler, how do you mean they were moaning at the ammount of time on projects? Too long on them or not enough?

J

johndoboy

I have just enroled for 4 week course at the end of the year at PTS in Warrington and would value any comments.Many thanks:)

G

grumpygrouter

I have just enroled for 4 week course at the end of the year at PTS in Warrington and would value any comments.Many thanks:)

Hi Johndoboy, there is lots of comment about this particular course, do a search and I am sure you will find what you need. I did the same course a few months a go. Check out some of my threads/replies.:)

Grumpy.

H

Home Tiler

grumpygrouter
Some where in the forum it actually says that beano has left ..i can't find the thread..but i'm sure someone said he got a better offer somewhere he couldn't refuse,,,
Holohana
Some projects we did... i felt.. we didn't have enough time to finish them.

Johndoboy
My comments are based on my experience off the course..the staff were excellant and i don't want to come across that they were to blame ..
the structure of the course to me was abit un organised ...ie timing of projects...not showing different cement bas materials (always ardex stuff..which i can't find a supllier where i'm from...lol)...not showing the use of a grinder which apperantly most tilers use....if you want to learn basic stuff in tiling then this course is for you ...thing is don't expect to be professional in a matter of four weeks ..."like i did" :(
the bays are kitted out with a bathroom and sink...no kitchen work tops no light switches...and you hardly ever tile a floor...and if you aint quick enough forget about grouting,,,,lol
also we didn't get any projects in mosaic tiling...maybe i expected to much from this course but this is only my opinion!!
if i were to mark it out of ten
7.5/10
not too bad eh...lol
to be honest it's a good stepping stone...but abit expensive
good luck!

steve

Reply to PTS Tiling Course at Warrington in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen