Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss PTS Tiling Course at Warrington in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,
I did the 4wk course in Warrington back in Sept, being a plasterer I found I was passing work on so I thought I'd do a course and see if it was for me.
I have to say that I found it very useful, the knowledge of the tutors was immense, if there was something that was not understood you only had to ask and time was taken to explain (for some..in simper terms).
Like anything it's not neccesarily the training that's not upto scratch, it could be he/she is not upto what they are trying to do, some people on my course would never be a tiler as long as they had a hole in their rear.
I was fortunate, it was for me, I left the course and my first job was a 50m2 ground floor of a house, the job was in 450mm ceramic with loose wire undertile heating onto backerboard. Remembered my training, took my time and got stuck in with twitching ar*e, the job turned out very well, all good cuts it ran from room to room perfectly. That first job paid for my course and all my tools that I had purchased and left some beer money.
I know I wouldn't have even known where to start on that job had it not been for the training I received, now I'm running a succesful business in plastering and tiling.

As I said though it is not just down to the training, the person being trained has a lot to do with any success.

Sorry for boring you all.

Mark.

H

Home Tiler

Re: pts warrington

Looks like you really learnt alot on the course mark...
i went on the same course and more than half of the blokes were moaning at the amount of time we had on our projects and that they felt it wasn't worth the money...
not saying i didn't learn anything.. far from it...just thought it was very basic stuff really...
maybe they were cramming to much information all in one go...fair play to them ..they can only get better eh...
i've heard beano has left ...they should of paid him double what he was getting ..that guy knew his stuff only wsh i got him ...no offence to chris she was very helpfull ..in fact the staff were brilliant just dissapointed with the course itself
steve

OP
devonmark

devonmark

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score

Hi Steve,
yeah beano has gone, some tiler that guy was, the best of it is the fact that he only did the course a few months earlier.
When did you do your course then steve ? To be honest there where 3 lads on my course that will never make it as tilers while they had a hole in their ar*e, so I would guess they wouldn't have thought it wasnn't worth the money.
I had Chris as my main tutor but I also made use of Tony and Beano to see how differently things were done.
Had you done any tiling before going on the course ?

D

DHTiling

hi steve and devo.......your learning curve has just started......you will learn by your mistakes.. once you make one you won't do it again and so on......

Good luck with your quest's as tilers........dave...

H

Home Tiler

only started tile after i finished the course devo,
friends and family...then...lucky for me one of the friends plumber saw my tile and got me my first customer...not got many comtacts as yet..just taking my time for the first year getting extra contacts along the way...i've managed to get another contact who wants his kitchen and bathroom doing..and i know this guy knows alot of tradesman ...so it's another chance to show my work...
Gaz from tops has 20 odd years in tile and i asked him to help me out with a kitchen job (which i have posted in the gallery)...
and for abit of moral support ...thing is with me.. not a very confident person...abit of a worrier too...lol
watching gaz get on with the job and how he handled the customer gave me some insight on how to go about things..
some great tips from him too... you just can't beat experience..
hate being a newbie tiler ..lol

steve

OP
devonmark

devonmark

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score

it's good steve that someone has come out and given you help and support, everyone is new at sometime...good on ye gaz..well done fella.

D

DHTiling

We were all in the newcomer boat once steve.......few yrs down the line and you will laff about it.........dave..

I

IvegotsTILE

Bloody hell Dave we're going back a hell of a long time when you were a newcomer to the job.
A long long time ago......

D

DHTiling

now now simon... dont want to have to ban you....lol lol lol....cheeky twock.........dave...

H

Home Tiler

:icon10: :icon10: :icon10: Gaz told me you started tile just after the WAR:whatchutalkingabout :whatchutalkingabout :whatchutalkingabout

H

Holohana

i went on the same course and more than half of the blokes were moaning at the amount of time we had on our projects and that they felt it wasn't worth the money...

Hi Hometiler, how do you mean they were moaning at the ammount of time on projects? Too long on them or not enough?

Reply to PTS Tiling Course at Warrington in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock