Search the forum,

Discuss Pricing 2 bathrooms for a neighbour (47m2) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

Hi,
Went round a neighbours yesterday to price two bathrooms up. It worked out a total of 47m2. I am charging £18m2,this works out at £846. The tiles they have up have been there for 30 yrs and are in very good condition,but they want us to take them off.Im thinking of charging £100 a room for this.They have two showers as well, do you think I should tank these? as they rarely use the bath,or should I just use a good waterproof adhesive and waterproof grout.I must say I never tank,but maybe I should,ive read different things on here.Also do you think I should use powder addy,as ill need about 8 tubs of ready mixed,this could work out quite costly.Anyway its looking in the region of £1200 -£1400 all in .I know its a neighbour and I think its a reasonable price,but its quite a big job..well for us anyway. I have not gave them the estimate yet,but would be gutted if we lost it on price. I know what you all say about pricing, different areas etc,but am I about average?
Sorry for the barage of questions,and thanks for any help.
Cheers.
Vinnie.

F

Fekin

Main thing to remember is that no adhesive or grout is waterproof, just different levels of water resistant qualities.

Your £18 a sqm tiling I think is a good price for the customer, and a decent one to you if the walls are in good condition and can get them tiled quickly.

I always recommend tanking in showers but not many people want the extra expense, so just point out the reasons of having taking and what it does for them and let them decide.

The thing with tile removal is sometimes they are stuck on so well it can take a long time to get them off.

D

Deleted member 1779

Could you not offer them alternative prices on tanking options.

My tiler told me its £50 a tub for BAL tanking kit and if I wanted it then its adding extra to the cost. Left me in charge of picking and choosing.

He charges me £25 psm but then again £18 psm is fair if its neighbours and you want to do a good deal.

We charge £250 a day plus vat to drill holes in the city of London (commercial) but if a mate wants it done or neighbour then of course its good will, a fair price and word of mouth.

So just charge what you are both happy with.

U

uug197h

if your neighbour is not happy with the price then tell them to get two written quotes and you will beat them, that way they will know how good a deal they are getting and you know what others are charging so you can get your pricing right for other jobs,
:hurray:

always offer tanking i charge £50 for shower area/ bath, a tub costs around £50 but you can get 5 shower/bath areas out of 1 tub so for the first job you don't make any thing but after that its 100% profit for the next 4

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bluevin123

Ok, some great advice there,thanks guys.I knew id get some response.Didnt realise you can get 5 showers worth out of a tub.Nice one,one of my local tile shops give us one about 6 weeks ago for free as a belated Xmas pressie.Still sitting in the garage.:hurray:
Cheers
Vin

C

CLAYS TILES

if i go to do a bathroom,and see a shower in there i let the customer decide!
i tell them the benefits,how much it'll cost then leave it for them to decide!
:stupid:

E

enduro

Also make sure you explain that when you removed the tiles the walls may need repairing and as you cant estimate for this yet untill you have removed them.

Reply to Pricing 2 bathrooms for a neighbour (47m2) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen