Search the forum,

Discuss Possible to cut out section of tiles already on wall? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hello

I need to replace a shower mixer valve that will involve some new pipe work and fittings which in turn will involve removing a section of wall tiles so I can get to the pipes. What I would like to do is remove a section of tiles from ceiling to floor and about .5 metre wide then making a feature of that section with some new contrasting tiles. As the existing tiles are very large I wondered if it was possible to route out two parallel lines down the wall then remove that section of tiles without damaging the surounding tiles? If this is possible what would be the best tool to use? If I'm asking for trouble please say and I will ahve to look into retiling the whole wall or bathroom but would rather not!

Thank you

G

Gazzer

If I understand correctly it may be possible to cut a section out and replace with a contrasting tile or even mosaic feature panel. An angle grinder with a diamond wheel for tiles should be ok if used with care.

Reply to Possible to cut out section of tiles already on wall? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen