Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Porcelain / Ceramic Price guide in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

2020Tiling

Does anyone else charge anymore £££ per meter to lay Porcelain than Ceramic floor tiles ?

I have to give a fitter my price list for him to work from with him supplying adhesive & grout.

T

TJ Smiler

I always charge more for porcs than i do for ceramics, greater tool depreciation and the materials needed are often more costly than for ceramics. So yeah, charge him more mate

2020Tiling

Problem is he gets a fixed price for tiling included in the bathroom fit and my price for tiling is often a lot more than he gets .
They have started to supply the addy and grout per fit but this is never enough as I seem to use a bag or 2 extra on each job as I back skim all floor tiles etc.. so now the fitter is moaning he is loosing money on each job because of the tiling price, and now wants a exact price guide per mtr for each tile type with him supplying crap adhesive !!?

S

Stef

If he's loosing money then he needs to tweak his prices.
I always charge more for porcs as they are harder on your tools, coring out for pipes for instance takes it's toll on cutters..

2020Tiling

Think he gets a fixed price from the company he does fits for. so any extra comes out of the fitters pocket. The mistake the company makes is saying to the customer it will be all tiled and completed for ex amount of money they get, so when I turn up the price the fitter has for tiling gets hammered when the floor needs hundreds spent on hardy boards and slc and more adhesive etc.

T

TJ Smiler

Mate, if he is loosing money on each job even though he is not buying the right amount of adhesive then he seriously needs to alter his prices. Don't make his problem your problem, porcs is more than ceramics all day long. Don't alter your price cos all that will do is annoy you while your working and the only one who will benefit from you going in cheaper is him and the end user.......... And who do you think will get the blame if a slight problem occurs. Don't come down on your price. Tell him to come down on his plumbing price and up the tiling price, i bet he wouldn't even consider that!! so treat yourself as he is treating himself cos at the end of the day your the tiler and it's your business and you state your price.

Reply to Porcelain / Ceramic Price guide in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks