Search the forum,

Discuss Polypipe (Fixed Overlay) UFH in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Sorry wasn't making myself clear Ali
What I was trying to say was, that in order to be able to use SLC, It has to be boarded first.
That's if you were to follow their recommendations.
I just wanted to remind u that Tracy's was Polypipe, and u knew we were unable to SLC straight over it.
That way I didn't have to outwardly disagree with Bri! :D
Whether their method is right or wrong, we certainly know what we did, works.
It's been almost 18months now and I saw Tracy only the other week, and u know she would of said something if their were any problems. :)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Agreed @3_fall it worked. But we had to be able to SLC that because of how badly the boards were put in in the first place.

@Chalker so if these boards were fixed to the substrate, they were level and good to go without needing any over boarding or slc. You would still use ditra? If the only thing you anticipate the stone expanding, what you using the ditra for?

O

Old Mod

Agreed @3_fall it worked. But we had to be able to SLC that because of how badly the boards were put in in the first place.

Yes Ali I know, the only point i was trying to make was that Polypipe won't agree to latex over their pipes!
That's why I explained myself this morning.
I wasn't suggesting your preparation, I was saying if u were to use those components on your floor they would need to be applied in a different order!
According to Polypipe.
Other UFH companies are happy for SLC to go on to their pipe work.
And I'm sure TTA recommend a decoupler be applied to a stone floor no matter what substrate.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Yes Ali I know, the only point i was trying to make was that Polypipe won't agree to latex over their pipes!
That's why I explained myself this morning.
I wasn't suggesting your preparation, I was saying if u were to use those components on your floor they would need to be applied in a different order!
According to Polypipe.
Other UFH companies are happy for SLC to go on to their pipe work.
And I'm sure TTA recommend a decoupler be applied to a stone floor no matter what substrate.
so how many tilers work for poly pipe or any other wet uth company .so how have they gained there knoledge .how many diffrent tiles have they tested and adhesives decouplers .none would be my guess. leave it to the tile test dummys .next time ask for a copy of there test reports.on the tiles adhesive decouplers .they have tested .could be a long wait

O

Old Mod

so how many tilers work for poly pipe or any other wet uth company .so how have they gained there knoledge .how many diffrent tiles have they tested and adhesives decouplers .none would be my guess. leave it to the tile test dummys .next time ask for a copy of there test reports.on the tiles adhesive decouplers .they have tested .could be a long wait
Don't disagree Ray but without their instructions how can I cover myself!

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Don't disagree Ray but without their instructions how can I cover myself!
you cant with them or with out them .but you do if you are working from there test results .if they have none .its a game of roulette .all you can then do is take pictures as you go along showing prouducts used with a time and date copy of news paper will do should match up to dates on job .

O

Old Mod

Well I always take extensive photographic evidence of everything I do as a matter of course Ray, so that's a good thing.
We are always the ones faced with the impossible, but I do everything I can to at least give myself half a chance, if it comes to a fight!
That's all I know how to do.
I'm completely self taught, not a single letter to my name, just my wits!

Reply to Polypipe (Fixed Overlay) UFH in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen