Search the forum,

Discuss polish adhesive off slate tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AustinTiler

Hi, thank you guys for helping me with last question regarding rising concrete floor!!:lol::lol::lol:

just received another job this morning, owner laid tiles over slate tiles in about 2 sqm; now he wants to remove tiles he has laid and polish off adhesive off slate tiles; basically he wants to restore the area as close as it was......:mad2:

my opinion is to lift everything including slate tiles in that area and lay with new slate tiles; what method would you recommend?:thumbsup:

thanks

D

diamondtiling

I would be surprised if no damage is caused to the slate when you remove the top tiles. Its only 2 mts anyway so it would be faster and less expensive to just replace the slate.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

As above it will take longer to clean up the slate without damage, easier to rip up and re -lay new:thumbsup:

R

Rich

I agree with the gents above, I really cant see you get that slate up in one piece, so to speak.

Reply to polish adhesive off slate tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen