Search the forum,

Discuss plumber cant cut tiles.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
what a joke, lost a bathroom re-fit that me and my plumber quoted, to a plumber that said he could do the plumbing and tiling alot cheaper, customer rang me today to ask if i could pop round and cut the boarders for the plumber there swan neck boarders and he cant mitre or cut them, he told her she cant have them if she cant get them cut...lol

perfect example why some peeps should stick to there own trades and customers shouldn't go for the cheapest quote!!

and no i didnt go round and cut them...to busy......and i may have had to slap the plumber..lol

I

Ian

Cheeky sods! Don't give you the work but still want you to do the difficult stuff! Do it for £50 an hour Andy, plus materials, plus a new DNA blade, plus fuel, plus coffee, plus biscuits......................

A

Alan M

i think i would do it . charge her eaily 100 quid or more. it would be a handy few pound . then let her know how disrespectfull it is to do what she did

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah but did you tell the customer this ???

yes i did and i told her when we were quoting the job, i was surprised we didnt get the job, i did a 50m2 floor for her last year and she was over the moon with it, when me and the plumber went to see her i tried to tell her how important it is to get the right trades for the right jobs, my plumber has 40 yrs exp, i have over 30yrs exp, yet it seems it still all comes down to the cheapest quote with some customers, which im sure she is begining to regret...

Reply to plumber cant cut tiles.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen