Search the forum,

Discuss Please Help, Laser Level trouble! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

smac74

If you had to choose one, which one would you go for? :incazzato:

GP-100 (LP-330) Cross Line Laser Level with floor square feature.

It offers the same functions as the Laserliner Autocross 3, but a lot cheaper.. Going to be some difference in quality. But for a £100 incl vat, delivered, its not bad.

OR

Stabila LAX 50 Self Leveling Laser.

Does not offer the floor square feature which is a good feature to have and it costs the same. But Stabila is quality brand and you get the tripod and telescopic pole kit, well handy for setting out a room for tiling..

What do you think??? Any helpfull input would be great,

thanks

C

curlycan

I've only seen the Stabila level used on my tiling course and looks realy easy to use and i'm going to purchase it from the tiling school as its cheaper than tt.

J

jdoda

Yes i have one of those have been using for 3 years until last weds when the top part with the buttons on fell off paid about £90 from this place Laser Level Kits - Online Store good for walls and straight lines on the floor cross hairs on the floor dont really work as you can,t see where they cross. ( probably doesnt make sense ) but have a look here at picture bottom right for example DEWALT DW060K : Floor Layout Laser

re the gp 100 i think it fell apart because the self levelling pendulum can not be locked so every time you brake and accelerate it is knocking around for a few quid more there is the pro version which can be locked.

to be honest on floors only really use it for marking out when i finally know where every thing is going i either ping a chalk line or peg out a brick line as it does move about a bit bouncy floors or my size 8 feet only little but still manage to kick it most days am using it.

also a friend has the £50 quid focus one which doesn't look or act much different

Not sure if all homebase are same price but my local is selling a bosch cross hair with tripod for £34 yes only the green one but should do for most things.

I hope my ramblings help ?

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kaharrison9

Has anybody used or bought the Laserliner autocross 3 and have they any personall plus or minus thoughts regarding it.
Cheers
Kev

S

Stan001

good for walls and straight lines on the floor cross hairs on the floor dont really work as you can,t see where they cross.

jdoda, if its a visibility problem (maybe i didnt read you right) then you can get laser glasses

Reply to Please Help, Laser Level trouble! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen