Currently reading:
Please Help, Laser Level trouble!

Discuss Please Help, Laser Level trouble! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

smac74

If you had to choose one, which one would you go for? :incazzato:

GP-100 (LP-330) Cross Line Laser Level with floor square feature.

It offers the same functions as the Laserliner Autocross 3, but a lot cheaper.. Going to be some difference in quality. But for a £100 incl vat, delivered, its not bad.

OR

Stabila LAX 50 Self Leveling Laser.

Does not offer the floor square feature which is a good feature to have and it costs the same. But Stabila is quality brand and you get the tripod and telescopic pole kit, well handy for setting out a room for tiling..

What do you think??? Any helpfull input would be great,

thanks

J

jdoda

Yes i have one of those have been using for 3 years until last weds when the top part with the buttons on fell off paid about £90 from this place Laser Level Kits - Online Store good for walls and straight lines on the floor cross hairs on the floor dont really work as you can,t see where they cross. ( probably doesnt make sense ) but have a look here at picture bottom right for example DEWALT DW060K : Floor Layout Laser

re the gp 100 i think it fell apart because the self levelling pendulum can not be locked so every time you brake and accelerate it is knocking around for a few quid more there is the pro version which can be locked.

to be honest on floors only really use it for marking out when i finally know where every thing is going i either ping a chalk line or peg out a brick line as it does move about a bit bouncy floors or my size 8 feet only little but still manage to kick it most days am using it.

also a friend has the £50 quid focus one which doesn't look or act much different

Not sure if all homebase are same price but my local is selling a bosch cross hair with tripod for £34 yes only the green one but should do for most things.

I hope my ramblings help ?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

smac74

Hi,
Thanks for feed back - sorry didn't respond sooner, been rough for last few days....
Read jdoda's feedback about the gp100 and point taken about the self levelling pendulum, so i went to the laser level kits - online store, thanks...
There is an updated version of the gp100, the new model is the LP330 and they have addressed that problem and fitted the new version with a "transit latch".

The reason LP330 caught my eye was because its quite versatile, good for both walls and floors, bonus being the cost £100 - does a lot and doesn't cost much, just unsure until i look into to it further about the quality and its longevity with regular use.

Like most tilers, i've rarley used a laser level over the 19/20yrs i've been tiling, old fashioned ways have served me best with spirit levels/ chalkline and the only laser i have bought was Stanleys square line, ok but one of the lasers broke and never replaced it... But since spending a year working in Oz (18 months ago) with a firm were they used one all the time(identical to GP-8155, about £450.00), but its more than i can afford or the wife will let me spend!!! I've seen the advantages when setting out jobs and the more you use something the easier it becomes.

I'll take a look at the other models people have listed before making a final choice and thanks again.. If anyone can add more to this, your input is very welcome.

Reply to Please Help, Laser Level trouble! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.