Search the forum,

Discuss Planning a level access shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

Absolutely they can- use tile adhesive and dot it on the board itself. Before doing that, drill a small hole through the board where each dot of adhesive will be as a reference point to drill, plug and screw once the adhesive has set.

Raccus

TF
Reaction score
The boards won’t be supported properly when placed horizontally. I would pop some extra studs in and put some long boards in. I tend to use CLS. It’s straighter.

What do you mean Waluigi, wont be supported properly when placed horizontally? Only because of the need for 30mm centers and he will have 40? But then he will need more studs anyway , even if placing vertically.

Also, for boarding stud work, the foam type boards should be minimum 20mm depth?

And then to clarify an earlier point for the enquirer, if you dot and dab the boards, then you need mechanical fixings as well, which is why Waluigi said about the drilling the holes where dabs will be etc. Dot and dab on its own, is not sufficient.

Reply to Planning a level access shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen